Like all hotels you have never stayed at you are never quite sure what to expect. The Cosmopolitan Hotel is situated in a prime position for St Kilda accommodation. It’s located just meters away from Acland Street St Kilda, Luna Park, the St Kilda Foreshore with the Melbourne CDB a short tram ride away.
We checked in for our two-night stay on a Saturday afternoon. I found the desk staff to be warm and friendly. I always need to do a quick calculation in my head when asked how many wifi codes do you need! Uhm, let me see 3 computers, 2 phones, 2 tablets yes 7 will do. The joys of travelling with technology and kids.
We stayed in the courtyard suite. I would say this was more of an apartment than a hotel room and it was totally unexpected. Featuring two bedrooms, kitchen, dining, lounge and an outside courtyard. To say it was roomy was an understatement. The kids were able to stretch out on the couch and relax watching TV, while Bec and I had a wine and chatted after a long day exploring Melbourne at the table. We had friends visit and we easily had room for 7 us in the suite for dinner and drinks.
The Cosmopolitan Hotel St Kilda had everything our family needed!
Bec has a thing about how rooms smell on intially entering them. She says you can tell a thing or two about them by the intial smell. Upon entering the Courtyard suite at the Cosmopolitian Bec said I like it smells clean, and it smells looked after.
The Cosmopolitan Hotel St Kilda has an amazing array of room options to suit just about everyone. Room for singles through families from business people to travellers and they are all at great prices for such a brilliant, convenient location. 86 rooms make up the Cosmopolitan Hotel.
[button link=”http://www.booking.com/hotel/au/cosmopolitan-st-kilda.html?aid=844380&no_rooms=1&group_adults=1″ color=”silver” newwindow=”yes”] For the latest prices and booking options at the Cosmopolitan Hotel St Kilda click HERE![/button]
- Matchbox – features a king single bed and a work desk
- Duo – queen size bed just for the two of you
- Family – a light and bright room with one queen bed and two singles
- Deluxe room – large king size bed, work desk and views of St Kilda
- Deluxe Terrace – king size bed, desk and a terrace to enjoy the views
- One bedroom studio – one large room featuring comfy beds, a kitchenette and an ensuite.
- Two Bedroom Studio – for either the family or 2 couples.
- Courtyard Suite – this is what we stayed in certainly a great option.
The two bedrooms featured queen size beds with ample pillows and blankets to keep you warm in the winter. Heating was available and the beds were very comfy. I had a great nights sleep and for me, that is very difficult. Being an early riser I really loved that I could get up go the dining/lounge room open my laptop do some work without worrying about waking Bec or the kids up. The kettle in the kitchenette along with supplied Coffee, tea, milk had me all set for the day. The proximity to Acland Street St Kilda meant I was able to slip out and pick up some breakfast for the whole family from one of the many bakeries or even Woolworths which were within a 5-minute walk. The Cosmopolitan Hotel St Kilda has its own Cafe that serves breakfast Monday – Friday
Besides the great rooms at the Cosmopolitan Hotel St Kilda, you will find some great extra as listed below.
- Free Wifi – as expected.
- Secure parking – always a plus when you don’t have to leave your car on the street
- Tour Desk
- Guest laundry – amazing facility if you are staying a few days or have kids with you
- Meeting and conference facilities.
- 24-hour reception
Willow and I headed out for an early walk looking for things to do in St Kilda later that day. It’s always nice to walk through a hotel lobby and be greeted with a smile and hi from the staff behind the desk. The lobby area at the Cosmopolitan Hotel St Kilda has magazine racks so you can take a magazine to your room to read. If you have kids there is a video library with movies to borrow. A table with newspapers and fresh water for you to drink while you are waiting to check in or check out. Willow and I spent an hour getting a feel for St Kilda on an amazing winters morning
Things to do in St Kilda!
The location of the Cosmopolitan Hotel makes experiencing the many things to do in St Kilda very easy. We parked our car and left it for the few days we stayed as everything was within walking distance.
- Acland Street – A vibrant street full of cafe’s bars, restaurants and some amazing cake shops
- Luna Park St Kilda – A Historic fun park with wooden rollercoaster and carousel that has been operating since the early 19th Century
- St Kilda Sea Baths – Pool and day spa built in the 19th century when daylight bathing in the ocean was prohibited
- St Kilda Pier – See the St Kilda Beach penguins that live at the breakwater at the end of the pier. The recently reconstructed St Kilda pier kiosk serves meals and snacks.
4-Hour Melbourne St. Kilda Beach & City Bike Tour
Cruise along a famous beach, through local communities and into the city to see all the Melbourne highlights. A friendly local will give you a real feel for Melbourne and a broad overview of the city on this tour.
[button link=”https://www.getyourguide.com/melbourne-l202/4-hour-melbourne-st-kilda-beach-city-bike-tour-t12848/?partner_id=707SJAX”>” color=”silver”] For latest prices click here![/button]
- St Kilda Beach – The most popular city beach in summer. Melbourne’s equivalent to Bondi
- Palace Theatre – A nation trust building built in 1927 hosting concerts and shows year around.
- St Kilda Market – Every Sunday the market set up on the sidewalk overlooking St Kilda Beach
There are many restaurants in St Kilda you will find them on Acland Street, on Fitzroy Street, you will find them up alley ways and side streets. While looking for places to eat in St Kilda we came across Radio Mexico. Located 50 meters from our St Kilda accommodation. The hotel recommended it, the internet recommended it, everyone recommended it! Radio Mexico is a new type Mexican restaurant in St Kilda putting its own spin on Mexican food. Well worth trying when you stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel. I loved the pork belly taco it was amazing.
We loved our time at the Cosmopolitan Hotel and you will need to look no further for St Kilda accommodation. It’s central to all things St Kilda, the hotel presented clean and well looked after, the staff are friendly and its great value for money. We will certainly be back to stay at The Cosmopolitan again.
Here are two more articles that we have selected about Melbourne. We hope you enjoy reading them. Click the image to read.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://wyldfamilytravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/blue-lagoon-1-of-1.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]
More about the Author
Mark Wyld is a father, Husband and traveller. Having been to over 30 countries worldwide I think I know a thing or 2 about travelling with kids. I have been writing about travel on our website for the last 4 years and have featured on numerous other websites. When I am not talking, dreaming and planning travel I can be found working in disability support.