Paris is high on many people’s bucket lists, including teenagers with shows like Emily in Paris on Netflix showcasing the best of the city.
The French capital is one of the most visited cities in the world, with people coming to visit its landmarks, eat amazing food and stroll its picture-perfect streets.
One question when people visit Paris with older children is where to stay in Paris with teenagers. There are so many different arrondissements in Paris it is hard to know where everything is located and if you can get to the top sights in Paris easily from there.
- Find the best arrondissement to stay in Paris
- Where to stay in Paris – Le Marais
- Where to stay in Paris with teenagers – Batignolles
- The 7th Arrondissement – Palais Bourbon
- Paris hotels with a view of the Eiffel Tower
- Where to stay at Paris Disney
- Where to stay in Paris with teenagers
- Author bio:
Strolling the streets of Paris can be easy if you pick a place to stay in Paris that gives you easy access. What you want to see in Paris will ultimately determine where to stay in Paris with teens, and we have the best options on where to stay in Paris with teenagers right here.
Find the best arrondissement to stay in Paris
Being such a big city, there are so many accommodation options for your family stay in Paris. Do you need to stay near the Eiffel Tower or on the left bank, do you want to stay in a boutique hotel and is there a hotel in Paris with connecting rooms? Is your hotel in Paris within walking distance of the Champs Elysees or the Louvre?
The city of Paris is divided into 20 arrondissements municipaux which are similar to our administrative districts. Each of the districts has a number and a name so finding where to stay in Paris with teenagers is easy once you know the name and the number of your arrondissement.
Each area around Paris offers a new delight, a new chance to explore and discover. Some recommended best neighbourhoods in Paris that are great for families in Paris are:
Montmartre is a traditional Parisian neighbourhood and a lovely area to stay in. It is a great place to visit with older kids as it has a variety of activities and attractions that will appeal to them.
Montmartre is in the 18th arrondissement in Paris with many visitors believing that the Montmartre area of Paris is one of the best places to stay in Paris for first-time visitors to Paris.
Places to see in Montmartre for families with teenagers
Visiting the Montmartre Cemetery, the resting place of many famous artists and writers, and exploring the many street performers and artists in the area.
It’s also a good idea to look into guided tours of the neighbourhood such as a street art tour, or maybe a visit to the famous Atelier des Lumières which is a digital art centre. Montmartre is a great place to base yourself in Paris for first timers.
It’s worth noting that Montmartre is one of the few hilly parts of Paris. The neighbourhood and some of its streets are steep, as well as having some cobblestoned streets. It’s a good idea to check where your hotel is located and if it’s easily accessible for strollers or wheelchairs. There is a funicular that takes you up the hill towards Sacre Coeur.
Family hotels in Paris – Montmartre options
- Le Relais Montmartre has family rooms and is located in a quiet and charming area of Montmartre, close to the famous artist square Place du Tertre and the Sacré-Cœur Basilica. The hotel has a triple room accommodating 3 people
- Holiday Inn Paris Montmartre, an IHG Hotel has a two-bedroom family suite close to Sacré-Coeur Basilica and public transport. Holiday Inn serves a daily breakfast buffet
- Hotel Pavillon de la Reine: This hotel has a number of family suites and adjoining rooms, and is located in a quiet neighbourhood close to the Sacré-Cœur Basilican and Place du Tertre
- You can search a larger range of family-friendly hotels in Montmartre on Booking.com and Expedia
Apartment rentals for families in Montmartre
- Moulin Bleu is a three-bedroom apartment that sleeps up to six guests and is located in a quiet and charming area of Montmartre, close to the famous Montmartre Hill and the Sacré-Cœur Basilica
- Paris Persuasion is a spacious two-bedroom apartment that sleeps up to six guests and is located in the heart of Montmartre, close to the Sacré-Cœur Basilica and the famous artist Square Place du Tertre.
Paris activities for teens: All the best things to do in Paris for teenagers
Where to stay in Paris – Le Marais
La Marais is a great place to stay with older kids as it offers a mix of history, culture, and entertainment. Located in the 4th arrondissement Le Marais is one district in Paris that has managed to retain its old-world charm.
What was once known as the Jewish Quarter you will now see that it is full to the brim with galleries, cafes and architectural delights.
Visiting the Musée Carnavalet, which is dedicated to the history of Paris and has exhibits on the history of the city. Place des Vosges, is a beautiful square that features a mix of architectural styles and is surrounded by restaurants and boutiques.
Exploring the Jewish Quarter and visiting the Holocaust Memorial, located in the heart of the Marais. The area is close to the famous Notre Dame Cathedral, which is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture.
Take a guided walking tour of the neighbourhood to learn about its rich history and architecture, Street Art and French food. La Marais is a great neighbourhood to visit with older kids as it offers a variety of activities and attractions that will appeal to them.
Marais Hotels – Paris for families
- Hotel du Petit Moulin has been described as charming and family-friendly. This 4-star boutique hotel in the Marais district of Paris has a junior suite perfect for a family of 3
- Hotel du Jeu de Paume has a Duplex suite that accommodates a family of 4. Many reviewers have mentioned that it is a great area of Paris for families, with Notre Dame only a 6-minute walk away
- Hotel de la Bretonnerie is a good option for a stay in Paris for families. It has a number of Family rooms, some that sleep 3 people and sleep 4. Perfect if you have two teens during your time in Paris.
- You can search a larger range of family-friendly hotels in the Marais on Trip Advisor and Expedia
Marais Apartments – Paris with kids
- Town Hall Duplex featuring a mezzanine, bathroom, kitchen, office area and a convertible sofa. Recently renovated, decorated and equipped with amenities such as a dishwasher, washer-dryer, television, foreign channels and WiFi
- The GuestReady – Nice Apart Marais Morth Familial is a highly rated, centrally located apartment with 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, and a bathroom. It’s close to popular attractions and has city views and free WiFi. It is great for families to stay somewhere so central
- Secret Marais is a one-bedroom apartment sleeping 3. It is cozy, authentic and perfect for a trip to Paris. It features a recently renovated kitchen and bathroom, modern appliances and a rainfall shower.
Explore France: 11 of the best day trips from Paris
This neighbourhood offers a mix of culture and history, with the Luxembourg Gardens and the Saint-Germain-des-Prés Church being popular attractions for families. The Saint Germain des Pres Quarter is located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris.
You will find the Musée d’Orsay, which is one of the most important art museums in Paris and is home to a vast collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings. You can hang out in the Luxembourg Gardens, which is a beautiful park that features a mix of sculptures, gardens, and playgrounds.
Saint-Germain-des-Prés is a great place to stay with older kids as it offers a mix of culture, history, and entertainment. The neighbourhood is also known for its vibrant nightlife, so it might be fun to explore the area in the evening too.
Saint Germain – family friendly hotels
- Hotel Europe Saint Severin Paris is a great place to stay with kids with rooms for families of 3 and 4. The hotel is close to the Louvre, Jardin des Tuileries, Stade de France and Paris Metro stops
- Hotel Des Grandes Ecoles has interconnecting rooms for families. The hotel has a peaceful garden terrace courtyard and is a short walk away from Notre Dame and within walking distance of many other attractions in Paris
- Hotel le Bellechasse Saint-Germain is a 4-star hotel on the left bank side of the river. The hotel is within walking distance of a wide range of restaurants, the Tuileries Garden, and transport to Disneyland Paris.
- You can search a wider range of accommodation options on Agoda and Hotels.com
Saint-Germain-des-Prés apartments – traveling with kids
- The Grey Stripes is a characterful home located near the Saint-Germain metro station. With bold decor featuring grey stripes, exposed brick walls, rustic beams and original wooden doors. It is well-equipped for a comfortable stay for anyone going to Paris
- Crème de Cacao apartment has two bedrooms, sleek stone bathrooms and all you need for a comfortable stay for a family of 5 or more. The location is near the Luxembourg Gardens and transport to Paris Disney
- HS5 Paris Marais Flat Village St Paul is a ground-floor studio apartment that can accommodate up to three people, with features such as a mezzanine, double bed, single bed, equipped kitchen, shower, WC, dining bar, air conditioning, hair dryer, smart TV and safety box.
Planning a trip with teens? All the best suitcases for teens are reviewed here
Where to stay in Paris with teenagers – Batignolles
The Batignolles neighbourhood is a great place to visit with older kids as it offers a variety of activities and attractions that will appeal to all. Located in the eastern part of the 17th arrondissement it is known for its village-like feel and quirky shops to visit.
Visit the famous Arc de Triomphe, which is a masterpiece of Neoclassical architecture or explore the Place des Ternes, which is a charming square that features a mix of shops, restaurants, and a weekly market. Head to the Batignolles Cemetery, which is the final resting place of many famous French artists and writers.
Relax at Parc Martin Luther King, a beautiful and large park that features playgrounds, gardens, and a lake where visitors can rent boats.
Best family hotels in Paris – The Batignolles neighbourhood
- Best Western Plus Paris Louvre Opera – this hotel has received positive reviews for its family-friendly amenities, including interconnecting rooms, and its central location close to many popular tourist attractions. The hotel is also near the Louvre
- Mercure Paris 17 Batignolles – this hotel offers family rooms and has a restaurant onsite for your convenience. The hotel has comfortable rooms, friendly staff, and a convenient location. Just what you would expect from Mercure
- Hotel Le Trente features amenities such as a 24-hour front desk, concierge services, and a business centre. Rooms at the hotel offer amenities such as air conditioning and a minibar.
- You can search a wider range of accommodation options on Booking.com and Trip Advisor
Batignolles apartments – where to stay in Paris with teens
- The Jungle Book apartment is in a leafy and quiet area, with trendy bars and quaint bistros nearby. The home has a stylish office space, childlike bedrooms, grand piano, and a sleek kitchen with brass fittings.
Want to celebrate Christmas in France? 5 of the best Christmas markets in the Alsace
The 7th Arrondissement – Palais Bourbon
Home of the Eiffel Tower, Musee d’Orsay, Rodin Museum, and Les Invalides. This neighbourhood offers many family-friendly activities and attractions, as well as a quieter and more upscale atmosphere in central Paris.
Within easy walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, which is one of the most iconic landmarks in Paris and offers spectacular views of the city.
Take in the Musée d’Orsay, which is one of the most important art museums in Paris and is home to a vast collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings. Stroll along the Seine River banks or visit the Luxembourg gardens.
A place of interest is Invalides, a complex of buildings that includes the Dome Church, which is the final resting place of Napoleon Bonaparte, and the Army Museum, which is one of the most important military museums in the world.
Many of the hotels in this area are upscale and geared towards an adult clientele, but there are a few family-friendly options. You can also consider renting an apartment or vacation rental, which can offer more space and amenities than a hotel room.
Hotels in The 7th Arrondissement around the Eiffel Tower
- Hotel La Bourdonnais is located in Paris City Center near metro stations. Near cultural landmarks like Louvre Museum, The Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame. The hotel has rooms that accommodate up to 3 people. It is convenient for public transportation, Ecole Militaire Station is just steps away, and La Tour-Maubourg Station 8min a walk
- Grand Hotel Leveque is in Paris City Center, a neighbourhood in Paris with good shopping and dining. The hotel features rooms 2, 3 or 4 people, with airport transfers available. Some of the area’s notable landmarks include Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame. It is a good place for families with teenagers to stay in Paris
- Le Pavillon Hotel is a former convent in Paris 7th district’s Saint-Dominique area, close to Tour Eiffel and Les Invalides Museum. Rooms feature eco-friendly amenities, parquet floors, carpet, soundproofing, minibar, safe, telephone, flat-screen TV, tea/coffee, and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.
- Find more options for more best places to stay in the 7th Arrondissement with Booking.com and Skyscanner
Apartments you would like to stay at in the 7th Arrondissement
- Residence Charles Floquet has rooms available with a view of the Eiffel Tower. It is 50m from Eiffel Tower and a 20 min walk from Army Museum. It offers large, elegant self-catering apartments with views, balconies, high ceilings, fireplaces, free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, Blu-Ray player, and fully equipped kitchens. A breakfast kit and washing machine/dryer are available
- Paris Blues is a stylish apartment in Paris 7th arrondissement, that combines old-school elegance and modern design. Full of surprises, from the period fireplace to the curling bookshelf, a home you’ll be happy to linger in. With 3 bedrooms this apartment can accommodate up to 6 people.
Budget travel with teens: Our top, easy and realistic budget travel tips
Paris hotels with a view of the Eiffel Tower
If you want to see the Eiffel Tower from your accommodation, you will want a hotel that is located in an area with a good view of the tower.
Some of the best adjacent neighbourhoods in Paris that offer views of the Eiffel Tower include the 7th Arrondissement (district), the 16th Arrondissement, and the Trocadero area.
Some of the hotels in these neighbourhoods may have window views, balconies or terraces that offer views of the tower.
Make sure you check with the property in advance to confirm that you can get a room with a view of the tower. Some hotels offer rooms with a guaranteed view of the Eiffel Tower.
Hotels you can see the Eiffel Tower from
- Shangri-La Hotel, Paris is a luxurious hotel located near the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The hotel features spacious and elegantly decorated rooms, some of which offer stunning views of the Eiffel Tower. Family rooms and connecting rooms are available for guests travelling with families or groups.
- Hyatt Regency Paris Étoile is a hotel located near the Arc de Triomphe. The hotel has guaranteed rooms with an Eiffel Tower view, including family suites. The hotel features a variety of amenities and services, including a restaurant, a bar, and a fitness centre.
- Eiffel Trocadéro is located right on the square above the Eiffel Tower providing easy access and some rooms with great views of the tower. You will find interconnecting family rooms available.
Where to stay at Paris Disney
For families wanting to visit Disney Paris, you may want to consider staying near the park for a few days. Many hotels near Disney Paris offer shuttle services or are within walking distance of the park, making it easy for you to enjoy the attractions and entertainment.
If you choose to say at one of the Disney-owned hotels, you can access additional benefits such as early park admission and priority access to certain attractions.
Here are a few options for you near Disney Paris for all budgets
- Budget-friendly hotels near Disney Paris include ibis Budget Marne la Vallée Val d’Europe or B&B Hotel Disney Village Marne-la-Vallée
- Mid-range accommodation near Paris Disney includes Vienna House Dream Castle Hotel at Disneyland Paris or Explorers Hotel at Disneyland Paris
- Luxury: Disney’s Hotel New York or Disneyland Hotel
Travel with teens advice: Visit our Travel Gear for Teens page for every budget and every trip
Where to stay in Paris with teenagers
As you can see there are so many options for where to stay in Paris with teenagers. There are so many places to stay in Paris with teens that will give you all the best ways to see the top attractions in Paris with young adults.
We hope this article from us here at Wyld Family Travel has you inspired to visit Paris. There are so many things to do in and near Paris that will have you entertained for your family’s whole stay in the city.
Travel with teenagers and tweens. Travelling with young adults has just as many issues as travelling with young children. Choosing the best teenage vacation destinations can be so time-consuming. Planning a family holiday can be stressful and finding the best tips for travel is essential.
Use our Travel with Teenagers Destination Guides from all over the world for your next family vacation inspiration to make your family vacations with teens epic.
More travel with teens inspiration for your next vacation
Father, husband, traveller, and chief destination manager here at Wyld Family Travel. When Mark is not talking about travel or planning travel you will find him working in disability support. Mark is a family travel advocate, having travelled to over 45 countries with his kids from 10 months old, through to their teenage years. You will find his work here and on other popular websites.