Silk Road, Great Wall, Communism
China, officially the People’s Republic of China is a country in East Asia. It is the world’s most populous country, with a population of around 1.428 billion in 2017. Covering approximately 9.6 million square kilometres. China emerged as one of the world’s first civilisations, in the fertile basin of the Yellow River in the North China Plain. See China with help from Wyld Family Travel’s detailed China travel guides.
You will find accommodation in China is not quite as cheap as you would imagine. The average price for a hotel room for a couple starts at above $50USD. You may find hostels and guest homes a cheaper alternative. Of course prices vary by region and city.
The official currency of China is the renminbi (RMB). Cash is not widely used in China, with most people paying via Wepay ,Alipay or debit cards. We recommend that you get a Revolut travel money card, that can be loaded with multiple currencies and has nearly non-existent withdrawal fees to save you money.
China has the largest high speed rail network in the world, making it easy to travel between cities fast and efficiently. Of course, you can always catch a flight, but there are limited budget airline option in China.
Food in China
Do you call it Chinese food in China or just food? You will find plenty of food in China to eat both Chines and foreign. Unless your in the city you may fond it hard to read the menu, but they often have pictures next to the items. You will also find all the major chain restaurants such as KFC, Mc Donald’s and Starbucks just to name a few in China.
- Traveling to Beijing: An Exquisite Experience for familiesBeijing, the capital of China, is a city that effortlessly blends rich history and vibrant modernity. From its iconic landmarks to its delicious cuisine and captivating cultural experiences, Beijing offers a myriad of attractions for families looking to experience the far east.. If you have a valid China visa, embarking on a journey to Beijing … Read the full article here
- Is the Beijing Heyuan Courtyard International the best hostel in Beijing?Most capital cities are expensive and Beijing is absolutely no different. We had a tight budget and we wanted to spend any money we had let over on seeing as much in China as we could so when we saw the amazing Beijing Heyuan Courtyard International Hostel in Beijing in our price range we jumped … Read the full article here
- How to spend an epic 5 days in Beijing ChinaThere are so many things to do in a city that even if you live there you may not get to see it all. This was the same for our stay in Beijing and we had a list a mile long on what to see in Beijing. We wanted to see as much as we … Read the full article here
- 13 amazing things to do in Xi’an ChinaOther than the warriors what is there to do in Xi’an China? So many people just stared at us and had no idea. It was our mission to get out there and find as many things to do in Xi’an as we possibly could when we were visiting Xi’an China. We planned on finding the … Read the full article here
- China train guide. How to book, collect, board and ride with ease!The high-speed train network in China is the transportation of choice for over a billion people and it was our choice as well when we spent a month travelling to China independently. For foreigners buying train tickets for the Chinese train network, it can be a bit daunting. Here in our China train guide, we … Read the full article here
- Absolutely everything you need to know for planning a trip to ChinaIt will be too hard! No one will help you, no one speaks English in China, everyone tries to rip you off, you need to go on a tour if you want to visit China. You just can’t do independent travel in China and you definitely can’t travel China with kids. Every single one of … Read the full article here
- The excellent and affordable Alley Youth Hostel Xian ChinaXian is a big bustling city of nearly 9 million people in North-West China and it is home to so many cultural experiences for tourists. Affordable accommodation is one thing it is not known for so we were on a mission to find something within our budget. In the back streets of the Muslim Quarter, … Read the full article here
- We went on a perfect TRYP by Wyndham in XianWhen we decided to visit China with kids, it was important to us choose a known Hotel brand that we had stayed with previously. A Wyndham Hotel in China was an obvious choice because we knew that we would get a hotel that offers accommodation to a high standard. We decided the best Xian hotel … Read the full article here