Dragons, Castles & Beaches
Wales is a country in southwest Great Britain known for its rugged coastline, mountainous national parks, distinctive Welsh language and Celtic culture. Cardiff, the capital, is a refined coastal city with a medieval castle with ornate Gothic Revival interiors. In the northwest, Snowdonia National Park has lakes, glacial landforms, hiking trails, mountain biking and a railway up to the peak of Mount Snowdon.. See Wales with help from Wyld Family Travel’s detailed Welsh travel guides.
Wales drives on the left-hand side of the road. Rental cars and campervans can be picked up at any major airport. The is an efficient network of buses and trains. Public transport runs in all major centres
The official currency of Wales is the Pound Sterling. The Pound comes in £5, £10, £20 and £50 banknotes. Debit and credit cards are accepted widely. We suggest using a Wise card to cut down on high international withdrawal fees
The average hotel price in Wales for a couple is £119 ($164). You can get affordable good quality accommodation from hotel chains such as Premier Inn. In Wales, there are many Van Parks along the coast where you can stay for cheaper than a hotel.
When dining out, an average meal in England should cost around £11 per person. Budget-conscious travellers should seek out pub chains such as Wetherspoons or The Greene King for good value food.
- 21 activity holiday adventures in the UK and EuropeIf you’re looking for an exciting activity holiday with your family, then the UK and Europe is the perfect place! With so many different countries to choose from, there are sure to be adventure holiday activities to suit everyone. Now with people choosing to have experiences over material objects, getting out and about in the … Read the full article here
- 11 thrilling teens adventure activities in the UKIf you are looking for an adventure, the United Kingdom is a great place. There are plenty of activities that will give you a thrill and Adrenaline rush. If you are looking for something fast-paced, you can try out Zip lining, Quad biking or Coasteering. If you want to see some beautiful sights while getting … Read the full article here
- Glamping in Snowdonia at Llechwedd Slate MountainPeople are always looking for a new angle on nearly everything these days. The brand new shiny building that draws crowds from everywhere is what people expect when they hear of a new establishment, but what if the new establishment actually has a couple of hundred years of old behind it? Llechwedd Slate Mines have … Read the full article here
- The most awesome things to do in North WalesWales is a beautiful country full to the brim with stunning scenery, amazing people, wild untamed coastlines, and a long, hard-fought history for everyone to learn. Castles dot the lush, green countryside and small villages welcome people to this amazing place. There is no shortage of things to do in North Wales during your stay. … Read the full article here
- Amazing things to do in Llandudno all year roundAs you walk onto the seaside boardwalk at Llandudno you could be forgiven for thinking you have gone back in time. You get a sense you are in a Victorian-era seaside resort. There is the long pier imposing itself on the Irish sea, with the wide seaside promenade ringed with waterfront hotels. There is a sandy beach … Read the full article here