Australia, with its vast landscapes and vibrant culture, is an absolute playground for families with teenagers. Teens will be in awe of the stunning natural wonders, from the iconic Sydney Opera House to the breathtaking Great Barrier Reef.
Australia’s indigenous heritage adds depth to every journey, offering a chance to explore the world’s oldest living culture. History buffs can wander through ancient Aboriginal rock art sites, while adventure seekers can dive into thrilling activities like surfing, snorkeling, and bushwalking. The diverse cities, such as Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane, offer a dynamic blend of contemporary life and historic charm.
And when it comes to wildlife, Australia’s unique critters are a big draw; spotting kangaroos, koalas, and the elusive platypus is a real treat. With friendly locals, a relaxed atmosphere, and endless opportunities for exploration, Australia is not just a vacation—it’s an adventure for the whole family.
Things to know about Australia
|FAQ about Australia|
|Is Australia an expensive country to visit?|
Australia is generally considered to be a destination with a moderate cost of living, offering a wide range of budget-friendly options for travelers.
|What is the climate like in Australia?|
Australia boasts diverse climates, with tropical conditions in the north, arid deserts in the centre, and temperate climates in the south.
|What is the official language of Australia?|
The official language of Australia is English.
|What is the official currency of Australia?|
The official currency of Australia is the Australian Dollar (AUD).
|What are the three most popular tourist attractions in Australia?|
The three most popular tourist attractions in Australia are the Sydney Opera House, the Great Barrier Reef, and Uluru (Ayers Rock).
|What is the public transport system like in Australia?|
Australia has an efficient and well-developed public transport system, including trains, buses, trams, and ferries in major cities.
|What are some traditional foods in Australia?|
Some traditional foods in Australia include meat pies, Tim Tams, and Vegemite.
|What is the capital of Australia?|
The capital of Australia is Canberra.
- Reasons To Take Your Family On A Road Trip To BrisbaneTaking your family on the road and exploring a new city can be one of the most fun and memorable experiences you can have. You get to experience different sights, sounds, foods, and cultures and gain memories that will last a lifetime. This is particularly true when heading out for a family-friendly journey into Brisbane … Read the full article here
- 7 Best Sydney hotels for families by the airportAre you planning a family trip to Sydney and in need of a family-friendly hotel near the airport? You may be arriving late at night or departing early morning. Look no further! In this guide, we will explore some of the best Sydney hotels for families at Sydney Airport. Sydney Airport hotels for families offer … Read the full article here
- Plan A Long Trip To Australia With This Useful AdviceAustralia is one of the top places to live and work in 2023 and for good reason! Australia is one of the most diverse, safe, and exciting countries out there, perfect for entrepreneurs and travellers alike. Packing up and moving to a new country for an extended period of time can be stressful for anyone … Read the full article here
- Taking a camper van trip in Victoria, Australia with kidsAre you looking for an unforgettable adventure in Victoria, Australia? Why not take a family camper van trip in Victoria, Australia and explore this beautiful state at your own pace? Picking up a camper van in Melbourne offers a convenient and comfortable way to travel, giving you the freedom to escape the city and discover … Read the full article here
- 48 awesome things to do on the Gold Coast with teenagersThe Gold Coast is a famous strip of land on the south coast of Queensland, Australia. It is one of the most popular destinations for Australians of every age. There are so many things to see and do on the Gold Coast with teenagers that will leave you wanting more. The Gold Coast family activities … Read the full article here
- 35 fun things to do in Brisbane with teenagersBrisbane, the capital of Queensland, is a vibrant Australian city located on the East Coast. The city is situated on the Brisbane River and is surrounded by lush rainforests and beautiful beaches. It is a beautiful, easy-going city and with its easy access to some of the most popular Australian holiday destinations like Surfers Paradise … Read the full article here
- Sydney with Teenagers: 44 fun things to do & cool stuffWhen you mention Sydney, Australia it conjures up images in your head of the world-famous Opera House and the iconic bridge that spans the harbour. Sydney offers a variety of family-friendly activities, making it an ideal destination for those looking for family things to do in Sydney with teenagers While you can spot some of … Read the full article here
- The 5 coolest cities in Australia to visit with the whole familyAustralia is one of those destinations many people dream of visiting. It’s home to some of the world’s oldest cultures, breathtaking beaches with stark blue waters and perfect waves, vibrant cities, incredible natural parks and more. But where are the coolest cities in Australia to visit with family? Luckily we have the very best right … Read the full article here
- 34 best things to do in Adelaide with teenagersThe capital city of the state of South Australia, Adelaide, is one of Australia’s most underrated cities. Despite being significantly smaller than the likes of Sydney and Melbourne, there are still so many amazing activities in Adelaide. Beautiful sights and fascinating history waiting to be found in this city, especially if you are looking for … Read the full article here
- 16 Best things to do in MerimbulaMerimbula lies on the far South Coast of New South Wales. It is a popular seaside destination for holidaymakers looking for good weather, beaches and plenty of fun. In this article, we will explore the best things to do in Merimbula to make your holiday in Merimbula unforgettable. Know before you go. Our top Merimbula … Read the full article here
- 44 popular things to do in Melbourne with teenagersWith a bustling population nearing 4 million, Melbourne is the beating heart of sports and culture in Australia. There is no better city in the world to visit with teenagers than Melbourne. A visit to Melbourne with teenagers will be full of culture, sports, attractions, festivals, entertainment and epic memories that will leave you wanting … Read the full article here
- Beaches in MerimbulaMerimbula is located on the far south coast of New South Wales, Australia. It is a popular holiday destination for families and couples. A big part of the attraction is the great weather all year round and the amazing beaches. In this article, we will look at what Merimbula beaches are best for you, what … Read the full article here
- Couples stay at Sydney Harbour YHAOne look at the pictures of YHA Australia’s location in The Rocks at Sydney and we were sold. The picture in question shows the rooftop bar area that overlooks the Sydney Opera House and The Sydney Harbour Bridge. I could instantly imagine my wife and I sitting on the roof of Sydney Harbour YHA, having a drink … Read the full article here
- Licola Camping in the Victorian high countryLicola is located in the East Gippsland Region of Victoria Australia To visit Licola you need to wind your way up through the mountains the road following the Macalister River as it cuts its way through the Macalister Valley and around mountains. The drive up to Licola is amazing with its natural beauty in all … Read the full article here
- A Complete Guide to Launceston City ParkCity Park is a central thoroughfare for the citizens of Launceston coming and going to work in the city, people doing exercise and just a beautiful place to relax. The main entrance to City Park Launceston lies perfectly on the edge of the Center of Launceston and is easily reached from there on foot for a … Read the full article here
- Camping on Bruny Island TasmaniaBruny Island is a stunning 362-square-kilometre island located off the south-eastern coast of Tasmania, Australia. Bruny Island today is known as UNESCO World Heritage Wilderness area. Bruny Island is home to stunning wilderness and wildlife that stretches into The Great Southern Ocean. It is home to abundant, unique Australian animals that are a must-see on any Australian … Read the full article here
- How to get from Hobart to Bruny IslandGetting from Hobart to Bruny Island is an easy and absolutely unforgettable day trip. A Bruny Island day trip is one of the best things to do in Tasmania. The Island is one of the few great untouched wilderness areas left in Australia and maybe even the world for that matter. Located off the South-eastern … Read the full article here
- Dargo! where is it, what can i do there and will my GPS find itDargo is Victoria’s most remote town, set in the foothills of the Dargo High Plains. The town of Dargo, with a population of approximately 150, is the gateway point for the Alpine National Park, Avon Wilderness Park, and Mitchell River National Park. The town is located 100 kilometres north of Sale and 348 kilometres east … Read the full article here
- Visit Gippsland – 33 wonderful things to see and do.The Gippsland region of Victoria in Australia is our home. The Gippsland region stretches from just east of Melbourne to the New South Wales border. It is a huge region by any explanation. Gippsland consists of four sections East, West, South and Central Gippsland. Gippsland’s natural features are diverse. Rugged mountains to rolling plains, rainforests to deserted … Read the full article here
- Our Port Arthur day tour from HobartSome places will instill fear in most people and the Port Arthur prison must have done that back in the day when it was a fully functioning convict prison in the largely unknown country of Australia. I can tell you that because even as it stands now in ruins on the tip of a little bay … Read the full article here
- Top Tips for Gold Coast Theme ParksUse your time wisely at the Gold Coast theme parks with our top tips! Every kid’s dream is to have as many days as they can at the Gold Coast theme parks. Well, it was for my girls anyway when our Gold Coast holiday was announced. There were so many questions that I wanted to … Read the full article here
- Adventure activities Melbourne – Wild BuggyI am the most conservative driver you will ever meet. My Dad was adamant that I would never be a crazy driver and so far so good…well that was until I got behind the wheel of the most fun 20 minutes of driving I have ever had in an off-road buggy! We were invited to … Read the full article here
- Ways to save money on your Gold Coast family holidayYou guys are going on a Gold Coast family holiday? Why don’t you just go overseas…it is just as cheap. It’s too expensive to holiday in Australia. There were so many people telling us we were mad to even consider a holiday in Australia, especially a Gold Coast family holiday. As some of you may … Read the full article here
- A guide to the Gold Coast Airport AustraliaGold Coast is a beautiful holiday destination in Australia. There are plenty of things to do on the Gold Coast, such as swimming, surfing, and boating. The Gold Coast is also known for its amazing beaches and lush rainforest. Visitors can also explore the area’s theme parks, including Dreamworld, Wet’n’Wild Water World, and Movie World. … Read the full article here
- Best things to do with kids in the Latrobe ValleyThe Latrobe Valley is a regional centre in the Gippsland region in the state of Victoria, Australia. The Latrobe Valley Victoria region lies east of the Melbourne along the Princes Highway. There are some great things to do in the Latrobe Valley. The Valley is its known locally has three major centres such as Moe, Morwell and Traralgon. These 3 bigger towns are supported by … Read the full article here
- Raymond Island Koala Walk Gippsland Australia.Raymond Island on the Gippsland Lakes is one of those not well known Gippsland attractions. What makes it special is the Raymond Island Koalas. Yes, I said Koalas, there are around 250 Koalas in the wild on the island. This makes Raymond island one of the best destinations in Gippsland The residents of Raymond island … Read the full article here
- Ferris Wheel or Observation Wheel?I recently learned that a Ferris wheel is not a Ferris wheel if it is a giant observation wheel. Yes, you heard me right, a Giant Observation Wheel. Personally, I think it’s just a term to help distinguish and market the 4 Giant Observation Wheels worldwide that claim this title. These four wheels are located … Read the full article here