Welcome to England, a timeless tapestry of culture, history, and boundless charm. In this captivating land, medieval castles stand beside modern marvels, and cobblestone streets echo with tales of kings and poets.
The allure of England lies not only in its iconic landmarks, from the historic Tower of London to the contemporary marvel of the Shard, but also in the vibrant tapestry of its cultural scene. Immerse yourself in the grandeur of London’s West End theatres, explore the literary heritage of Stratford-upon-Avon, or wander through the picturesque villages of the Cotswolds.
For families, England offers a treasure trove of experiences, from the enchanting wizardry of Harry Potter at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London to the joyous escapades of Disneyland-esque theme parks.
With its diverse offerings, England seamlessly blends tradition with modernity, making it a delightful haven for families seeking an enriching vacation. Join us as we unveil the wonders of England, where every cobblestone has a story to tell.
Things to know about England
FAQ about England
| Is England an expensive country to visit?
England is generally considered to be a moderately expensive country to visit due to varying costs, but it offers diverse experiences and cultural richness.
| What is the climate like in England?
England has a temperate maritime climate, characterized by mild temperatures and rainfall throughout the year.
| What is the official language of England?
The official language of England is English.
| What is the official currency of England?
The official currency of England is the British Pound Sterling (GBP).
| What are the three most popular tourist attractions in England?
The three most popular tourist attractions in England are the Tower of London, Stonehenge, and the British Museum.
| What is the public transport system like in England?
England has a comprehensive and well-connected public transport system, including trains, buses, and the iconic London Underground.
| What are some traditional foods in England?
Some traditional foods in England include fish and chips, roast dinners, and afternoon tea with scones.
| What is the capital of England?
The capital of England is London.
- Cities in 2023 with the best European Christmas Markets for teenagersChristmas Markets in Europe are a dream travel destination for many parents. They conjure a winter wonderland ideal that hits straight to the heart of anyone with even a hint of wanting to visit. Some are centuries old, and some are new and innovative, but where are the very best European Christmas markets for teenagers? … Read the full article here
- 21 activity holiday adventures in the UK and EuropeIf you’re looking for an exciting activity holiday with your family, then the UK and Europe is the perfect place! With so many different countries to choose from, there are sure to be adventure holiday activities to suit everyone. Now with people choosing to have experiences over material objects, getting out and about in the … Read the full article here
- 11 Thrilling Teens Adventure Activities in the UKIf you are looking for an adventure, the United Kingdom is a great place. Plenty of activities will give you an adrenaline rush on teenage family adventure holidays in the UK. Try Zip lining, Quad biking or Coasteering if you want something fast-paced. If you’re going to see some beautiful sights while getting your heart … Read the full article here
- Discover 48 awesome things to do in Manchester with teenagersIf you’re looking for a city of history and culture perfect for a holiday or vacation, look no further than Manchester, England. This vibrant city has something for everyone, from museums to attractions to food and fun. Here are some of the top things to do in Manchester with teenagers when you’re on vacation. Know … Read the full article here
- 53 extraordinary things to do in London with teenagersWith architecture ranging from Roman to futuristic city skyscrapers and having been called home by Kings and rock stars, London has itself become something of a celebrity. This London travel guide is a shortcut to discovering the best things to do in London with teenagers. Although London can seem a dauntingly enormous place to visit, … Read the full article here
- 37 best things to do in Liverpool with teenagersIn the last decade, Liverpool and the Albert Docks area have had a multi-million dollar facelift, making visiting Liverpool with teenagers an ideal destination for family travel. A family vacation in Liverpool, a city of 900,000, has many cultural, historical and engaging attractions for teenagers in Liverpool to enjoy. Being one of the main cities … Read the full article here
- A Channel Ferry Crossing with DFDSThere are plenty of options for you when looking to travel from England to France or vice versa by cross-channel ferries. There are ferries, air travel and the channel tunnel. But what is the best way to actually make that journey? We choose the DFDS ferry operators for trip DFDS is the leading ferry operator … Read the full article here
- 39 top things to do in York with teenagersThe beautiful city of York is one of England’s more prominent tourist towns, and rightly so. It markets itself on its history like many towns in the United Kingdom, but this town knows it has some of the most well-known historical events. You will see the White Rose of York appear everywhere around the city, … Read the full article here
- YHA Canterbury reviewed for familiesAs a family of 4, we look for good value, well-located accommodation wherever we travel. Anyone who has travelled as a family can tell you rooms for four in any city can be hard to come by and expensive. We have stayed in hostels in Europe and Asia in the past and hope to do so in … Read the full article here
- Is the YHA Central London good for families?Travelling as a family of 4, we look for good value, well-located accommodation wherever we travel. As you can imagine rooms for four in any city can be hard to come by and expensive when you do finally find them. This is no exception in London. We have stayed in hostels in Europe and Asia … Read the full article here