England is a country that is part of the United Kingdom. It shares land borders with Wales to its west and Scotland to its north. The Irish Sea lies northwest of England and the Celtic Sea to the southwest. England is separated from continental Europe by the North Sea to the east and the English Channel to the south. The country covers five-eighths of the island of Great Britain, which lies in the North Atlantic, and includes over 100 smaller islands, such as the Isles of Scilly and the Isle of Wight.
The average hotel price in England for a couple is £143 ($197usd). You can get affordable good quality accommadation for hotel chains such as Premier Inn
The official currency of England is the Pound Sterling. The Pound comes in £5, £10, £20 and £50 banknotes. Debit and credit cards are accepted widely. We suggest using a Wise card to cut down on high international withdrawal fees.
When dining out an average meal in England should cost around £11 per person. Budget concious travelers should seek out pub chains such as Wetherspoons for good value food.
England drives on the left-hand side of the road. Rental cars and campervans can be picked up at any major airport. The is an efficient network of buses and trains. Public transport runs in all major centres
- Best travel destinations in the world for sports fansIf you are a massive sports fan and also have a passion for travel, how about combining the two on your next vacation? If you have already exhausted much of your list of places to visit, then sometimes bringing a theme to your travels can help to freshen things up a bit and there are … Read the full article here
- Things to do in Liverpool with teenagersIn the last decade, Liverpool and the Albert Docks area has had a multi-million dollar facelift, making a visit to Liverpool with teenagers an ideal destination for family travel. A family vacation in Liverpool, a city of 900,000 has many cultural, historical and engaging attractions for teenagers in Liverpool to enjoy. Being one of the … Read the full article here
- A Channel Ferry Crossing with DFDSThere are plenty of options for you when looking to travel from England to France or vice versa by cross channel ferries. There are ferries, air travel and the channel tunnel. But what is the best way to actually make that journey? We choose the DFDS ferry operators for trip DFDS is the leading ferry … Read the full article here
- Things to do in York with teenagersThe beautiful city of York is one of the more prominent tourist towns in England and rightly so. It markets itself on its history as do many towns in the United Kingdom but this town knows it has some of the most well known historic events. You will see the White Rose of York appear … Read the full article here
- Is the National Space Centre in Leicester worth a visit?Leicester is a city of epic history, battles won and lost, King’s in carparks and a cathedral that can rival some of Europe’s best. We thought Leicester may have been a strange location for the National Space Centre in England. But then again it may have been the perfect way to combine history with the … Read the full article here
- YHA Canterbury reviewed for familiesAs a family of 4, we look for good value, well-located accommodation wherever we travel. Anyone who has travelled as a family can tell you rooms for four in any city can be hard to come by and expensive. We have stayed in hostels in Europe and Asia in the past and hope to do so in … Read the full article here
- Is the YHA Central London good for families?Travelling as a family of 4, we look for good value, well-located accommodation wherever we travel. As you can imagine rooms for four in any city can be hard to come by and expensive when you do finally find them. This is no exception in London. We have stayed in hostels in Europe and Asia … Read the full article here
- 6 great UK destinations for a harmonious multi-generational holidayThe UK is a great place for the family that loves to travel together. There are so many beautiful and interesting places that will keep everyone from the toddler to the grandparent enthralled. There are plenty of family-friendly properties in the UK which have everything you need to keep children happy, whilst also being stylish for the adults. … Read the full article here
- Visiting the London Dungeons – A family reviewWhile I was looking at places to visit in London, England, the London Dungeons kept popping up. Willow and I talked about visiting the Dungeons and this is where I went totally wrong. Both of us were extremely excited to visit but I did not do my homework at all. I let what I thought the … Read the full article here