England is a country that is part of the United Kingdom. It shares land borders with Wales to its west and Scotland to its north. The Irish Sea lies northwest of England and the Celtic Sea to the southwest. England is separated from continental Europe by the North Sea to the east and the English Channel to the south. The country covers five-eighths of the island of Great Britain, which lies in the North Atlantic, and includes over 100 smaller islands, such as the Isles of Scilly and the Isle of Wight. See England with help from Wyld Family Travel’s detailed England travel guides.
The average hotel price in England for a couple is £143 ($197USD). You can get affordable good quality accommodation for hotel chains such as Premier Inn.
The official currency of England is the Pound Sterling. The Pound comes in £5, £10, £20 and £50 banknotes. Debit and credit cards are accepted widely. We suggest using a Wise card to cut down on high international withdrawal fees.
When dining out, an average meal in England should cost around £11 per person. Budget-conscious travellers should seek out pub chains such as Wetherspoons for good value food.
England drives on the left-hand side of the road. Rental cars and campervans can be picked up at any major airport. The is an efficient network of buses and trains. Public transport runs in all major centres
- Cities in 2023 with the best European Christmas Markets for teenagersChristmas Markets in Europe are a dream travel destination for many parents. They conjure a winter wonderland ideal that hits straight to the heart of anyone with even a hint of wanting to visit. Some are centuries old, and some are new and innovative, but where are the very best European Christmas markets for teenagers? … Read the full article here
- 21 activity holiday adventures in the UK and EuropeIf you’re looking for an exciting activity holiday with your family, then the UK and Europe is the perfect place! With so many different countries to choose from, there are sure to be adventure holiday activities to suit everyone. Now with people choosing to have experiences over material objects, getting out and about in the … Read the full article here
- 11 thrilling teens adventure activities in the UKIf you are looking for an adventure, the United Kingdom is a great place. There are plenty of activities that will give you a thrill and Adrenaline rush. If you are looking for something fast-paced, you can try out Zip lining, Quad biking or Coasteering. If you want to see some beautiful sights while getting … Read the full article here
- Discover 34 awesome things to do in Manchester with teenagersIf you’re looking for a city full of history and culture that is perfect for a holiday or vacation, look no further than Manchester England. This vibrant city has something for everyone, from museums to attractions to food and fun. Here are some of the top things to do in Manchester with teenagers when you’re … Read the full article here
- 41 extraordinary things to do in London with teenagersWith architecture ranging from Roman to futuristic city skyscrapers and having been called home by Kings and rock stars, London has itself become something of a celebrity. This London travel guide is a shortcut to discovering the very best things to do in London with teenagers. Although London can seem a dauntingly enormous place to … Read the full article here
- 36 best things to do in Liverpool with teenagersIn the last decade, Liverpool and the Albert Docks area have had a multi-million dollar facelift, making a visit to Liverpool with teenagers an ideal destination for family travel. A family vacation in Liverpool, a city of 900,000 has many cultural, historical and engaging attractions for teenagers in Liverpool to enjoy. Being one of the … Read the full article here
- A Channel Ferry Crossing with DFDSThere are plenty of options for you when looking to travel from England to France or vice versa by cross-channel ferries. There are ferries, air travel and the channel tunnel. But what is the best way to actually make that journey? We choose the DFDS ferry operators for trip DFDS is the leading ferry operator … Read the full article here
- 30 top things to do in York with teenagersThe beautiful city of York is one of the more prominent tourist towns in England, and rightly so. It markets itself on its history as do many towns in the United Kingdom, but this town knows it has some of the most well-known historic events. You will see the White Rose of York appear everywhere … Read the full article here
- Is the National Space Centre in Leicester worth a visit?Leicester is a city of epic history, battles won and lost, kings in carparks and a cathedral that can rival some of Europe’s best. We thought Leicester may have been a strange location for the National Space Centre in England. But then again it may have been the perfect way to combine history with the … Read the full article here
- YHA Canterbury reviewed for familiesAs a family of 4, we look for good value, well-located accommodation wherever we travel. Anyone who has travelled as a family can tell you rooms for four in any city can be hard to come by and expensive. We have stayed in hostels in Europe and Asia in the past and hope to do so in … Read the full article here
- Is the YHA Central London good for families?Travelling as a family of 4, we look for good value, well-located accommodation wherever we travel. As you can imagine rooms for four in any city can be hard to come by and expensive when you do finally find them. This is no exception in London. We have stayed in hostels in Europe and Asia … Read the full article here