Poland is one of the larger countries in Central Europe. It has a long Baltic Sea coastline and is bordered by Belarus, the Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, Russia (the Kaliningrad Oblast exclave), Slovakia, and Ukraine. Poland is a democratic parliamentary republic with a stable, robust economy, a member of NATO since 1999, and the European Union since 2004. See Poland with help from Wyld Family Travel’s detailed Poland travel guides.
- How to get from Berlin to WarsawWhen you look at a map of Europe, Berlin and Warsaw are on an even plane, nearly side by side with just land and the border separating them. The capital of Germany, Berlin and the capital of Poland, Warsaw both have so much to offer the traveller. From history, food and entertainment, there really is … Read the full article here
- Top things to do in Zakopane PolandZakopane is one of the premier tourist destinations in Poland. There are many things to do in Zakopane in both summer and winter. Zakopane is best known for it’s white powder ski runs, tall trees and amazing wooden architecture While Zakopane is at it’s busiest in winter, Zakopane in summer is also a great time … Read the full article here
- How to get to Auschwitz from KrakowKraków is the second-largest and one of the oldest cities in Poland and was the home to the Kings and Queens of Poland past. Wawel Cathedral and the Royal Castle, St. Mary’s Basilica, and the largest medieval market square in Europe are all worth seeing. But located just outside of this beautiful city is one of the most recognised and feared names in WWII. The … Read the full article here
- Ksiaz Castle a history steeped in mysteryCastles, their stories may seem similar…built, ruined, family tragedy, conquered and then left to the elements only then to be rediscovered, re-imagined and restored. In their stories, there is always that one thing that separates them from the others and this was no different for Zamek Książ or Ksiaz Castle, one of the most mysterious Polish castles. We … Read the full article here
- Our night at Hotel Czocha CastleAs I looked back on my travel time I thought that I had done a fair bit, seen some amazing places, eaten some fine food and put some big ticks on that must see list. BUT there was one thing that I had never thought I would be able to do and that was stay … Read the full article here