Italy, a European country with a long Mediterranean coastline, who history has shaped Western culture and cuisine. Rome the capital, is home to the Vatican, landmark art and ancient ruins like the Colosseum. Other major cities include Florence, with Renaissance masterpieces such as Michelangelo’s “David” and Brunelleschi’s Duomo; Venice, the city of canals; and Milan, Italy’s fashion capital. See Italy with help from Wyld Family Travel’s detailed Italy travel guides.
- Things to do in Venice with TeenagersVenice conjures up images of gondolas and canals, of glassblowers and masquerades masks. The Venetians were a maritime republic in northeastern Italy, which existed for a millennium between the 8th century and 1797. Today Venice relies on its tourist trade to survive, and survive it does as tourists arrive in hoards day after day. We have selected some … Read the full article here
- The best day trips from Bibione ItalyBibione is known for its amazing beaches on the Adriatic Coast. Wedged between Italy and the Croatian border this beach town draws tourists by the thousands from Germany and Austria. If you like nothing better than pulling up a sun lounge under the shade of a beach umbrella and spending your days swimming and lounging, … Read the full article here
- How to get to Pompeii from RomeJust like in the Roman times the path from Rome to Pompeii is still ever popular. Let us take a look at how to get to Pompeii from Rome. In this article will explore the Rome to Pompeii train, driving to Pompeii from Rome and Rome tours to Pompeii. The Romans used Pompeii as a … Read the full article here
- Our Top 3 churches in Rome, Art History, DesignArt, History, Architecture our top 3 churches in Rome I need to start out by saying I am not religious, I don’t attend church, I don’t have an opinion on religion that I care to share. In this post, you will find no championing of Religion, god or Jesus. What you will find are my top … Read the full article here
- Have you done a Colosseum Third Ring Tour?There are a plethora of Colosseum tours available when you are visiting the Colosseum in Rome, Italy. When you choose a tour make sure it includes a visit to the Colosseum underground and third ring. The Colosseum third ring is the highest section of this UNESCO site. Make sure you get to see all of … Read the full article here
- Travel insurance claims can be a nightmareTravel insurance claims can be a nightmare Travel insurance claims can be a nightmare. Everyone knows that travel insurance is a must while away, but what happens when you follow all the rules and they still say no? This happened to us on our last trip. On all of our trips we have had pretty … Read the full article here