Fast, Efficient & Modern
Germany is a Western European country with a landscape of forests, rivers, mountain ranges and Baltic Sea beaches. It has over 2 millennia of history. Berlin, its capital, is home to the famous Museum Island and nightlife scenes, the Brandenburg Gate and many sites relating to WWII. Munich is known for its Oktoberfest and beer halls, and nearby Royal Castles. Frankfurt, with its skyscrapers, houses the European Central Bank. See Germany with help from Wyld Family Travel’s detailed Germany travel guides.
German hotels range from $50USD to $222 per night with an average of $90. In Germany, you can stay in everything from hotels to campgrounds.
The official currency of Germany is the Euro. The Euro comes in €5, €10, €20, €50, €100, €200 and €500 banknotes. Debit and credit cards are accepted widely. We suggest using a Wise card to cut down on high international withdrawal fees.
Food in Germany is relatively inexpensive. A meal at a mid-priced restaurant should cost around €10, while coffee will set you back €2.75 and a loaf of bread €1.35. Germany on average is 17% cheaper than the UK to buy and eat food.
In Germany, they drive on the right-hand side of the road. You can pick up a rental car at any major airport in the country. Germany has an efficient system of public transport in major cities and high-speed rail networks to get you around the country easily.
- Where to camp in Freiburg GermanyFreiburg has some of the best weather in Germany. In fact, the city and region are known to have more sunny days than anywhere else in Germany. For this reason alone camping Freiburg is great for visitors to the city. Camping provides a cheaper accommodation option than most Freiburg hotels. Camping in Freiburg is ideal … Read the full article here
- How to get from Frankfurt to StrasbourgStrasbourg is one of the most popular cities in France for tourists and rightly so. The fairy tale village is beyond beautiful in any season and people flock there to experience it. Tourists wander the streets and squares of the cobbled stone old city eating, drinking and buying goods in awe of how beautiful it … Read the full article here
- How to get from Berlin to WarsawWhen you look at a map of Europe, Berlin and Warsaw are on an even plane, nearly side by side with just land and the border separating them. The capital of Germany, Berlin and the capital of Poland, Warsaw both have so much to offer the traveller. From history, food and entertainment, there really is … Read the full article here
- How to get from Freiburg to ColmarColmar France is just over the border from Freiburg Germany and it can be an amazing day trip from Freiburg or a stunning place to spend a few days wandering sampling the world-famous Alsatian cuisine. For wine lovers, this small part of Europe around Colmar and Freiburg produces some of the best white wines in … Read the full article here
- 3 day Berlin Pass for familiesBerlin is a city shaped by its past, a city still rebuilding from its past and moving on from its past. The German capital offers so much to see and do both culturally, historically and entertainment-wise. The best way to experience all that Berlin has to offer is with the Berlin Pass, the Berlin Pass … Read the full article here
- Things to do in Freiburg and surroundsFreiburg im Breisgau (is the correct German name) is a city in Baden-Württemberg Germany. It’s a small city with a population of about 220,000. Freiburg is located in the south-west of Germany and sits close to the borders of both France and Switzerland. Freiburg is one of the best places to visit in Germany in … Read the full article here
- Fog, cakes, castles and Schnapps in Staufen im BreisgauWinter in Freiburg im Breisgau can be a dower affair, lots of fog and very little sun. So what does one do with 2 kids in tow when the weather is like this? Well, you take off with some friends, climb a hill to explore a ruined castle have some cake and coffee and visit … Read the full article here
- How to get from Munich to Neuschwanstein CastleNeuschwanstein Castle is the best known of Germany’s fairytale castles. The high towers, the location, the fairy tale type design, the mystery of King Ludwig all make a day trip from Munich to Neuschwanstein Castle an absolute must. Neuschwanstein Castle has to be one of the worlds most recognisable castles and you need to see … Read the full article here
- 4 easy day trips from MunichAs many of you will know Munich is one of our favourite cities in the world. So much so that we have been to Munich 5 times over the years and hope to go back later in 2019. It is so family-friendly and we just can’t get enough of the amazing hospitality that we are … Read the full article here
- Visiting the spectacular Burg Lichtenstein in GermanyLichtenstein Castle strikes an amazing pose as it sits perched on a cliff. It is reminiscent of castles you would see in horror movies. Maybe a damsel in distress is crying for help from a window. Lichtenstein Castle Germany is often referred to as Little Neuschwanstein Castle in reference to their similar style and look … Read the full article here
- How to get to Dachau from MunichThe Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial site is located on the outskirts of Munich, Germany. Getting from Munich to Dachau is easy. No visit to Munich is complete without a day trip to Dachau. In this article, we will talk about the train from Dachau to Munich, Dachau tours from Munich and how to get from … Read the full article here
- Wildlife Park Poing – Munich Bavaria GermanyWildpark Poing is located just outside Munich in Bavaria, Germany and is an easy, fun family day trip from Munich. The best thing at Wildlife park Poing, is you see all the animals that once lived and roamed the forest of Bavaria. It is truly a magnificent place to visit in Munich. Wildlife Park Poing an amazing … Read the full article here
- Why you need to visit the Munich ResidenzThere are those cities that you go to that just deliver the goods everytime you go there. For us, Munich, Germany is that city. We have been there 5 times now and every time we go we find something new to see or do. We have even been lucky enough to see the same things a … Read the full article here
- Things to do in Heidelberg on a day tripWe only had one day in Heidelberg and it was always high on our list of places to see in Germany. You see we love castle’s and the castle at Heidelberg always looks amazing in every picture we have seen. The Castle in Heidelberg is located sitting perched up on the hill guarding the town below and Schloss … Read the full article here
- The Munich hop on hop off bus reviewWe cannot deny the fact we love a city bus tour. They are brilliant way to get your bearings in a city and if you have limited time they are fantastic for getting you to the big sites, it gets you to the sights quickly and with little fuss. The hop on hop off Munich … Read the full article here
- Staying at Meininger City Centre with kidsMeininger Munich Germany is one of these newer types of accommodation properties. Not quite Hotel, not quite Hostel. It’s certainly an upgrade from a Hostel as we know them. Whichever way it’s marketed or perceived it is certainly a very good place to stay while you are visiting Munich with kids. Meininger Munich has car … Read the full article here
- The best things to do in Munich GermanyMunich is located in southern Germany and is the capital of Bavaria. Munich is your stereotypical German destination overflowing with beer halls, churches, markets and castles. The beer-drinking, pork eating Bavarians are a friendly and welcoming bunch, not something typically associated with Germany. Being an amazing city filled with history, nature and welcoming people what … Read the full article here