Welcome to Germany, a country that offers a perfect mix of popular attractions, rich culture, and endless adventures, making it an ideal destination for families on vacation. Explore iconic landmarks like the majestic Neuschwanstein Castle, the historic Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, and the Cologne Cathedral. Don’t miss out on the chance to indulge in traditional German cuisine, with mouthwatering dishes like sausages, sauerkraut, and pretzels, as well as the world-famous beer.
Experience the vibrant spirit of Germany through its lively festivals and celebrations, such as the Oktoberfest in Munich and the enchanting Christmas markets. Dive into history as you visit significant landmarks like the Berlin Wall and the Roman city of Trier. Families will love the wide range of activities and attractions, from exploring the fairy-tale world at the Brothers Grimm Museum to the excitement of Legoland Discovery Centre in Berlin. Enjoy outdoor adventures in the breathtaking Bavarian Alps or take a scenic boat ride along the Rhine River. Germany is known for its safety and accessibility, with child-friendly accommodations and amenities readily available.
Immerse yourself in the rich cultural experiences and traditions, whether it’s attending a classical music concert in Leipzig or witnessing the captivating art scene in Berlin. Getting around is a breeze with Germany’s efficient transportation options, including trains, buses, and well-maintained roadways, making it convenient for families to explore all that this remarkable country has to offer.
Things to know about Germany
FAQ about Germany
| Is Germany an expensive country to visit? |
Germany is generally considered to have a moderate cost of living, making it a relatively affordable country to visit compared to some other European destinations.
| What is the climate like in Germany? |
Germany has a temperate seasonal climate, characterized by mild to moderate temperatures. Summers are generally warm, while winters can be cold with the possibility of snowfall.
| What is the official language of Germany? |
The official language of Germany is German.
| What is the official currency of Germany? |
The official currency of Germany is the Euro (€).
| What are the three most popular tourist attractions in Germany? |
The three most popular tourist attractions in Germany are the Neuschwanstein Castle, the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, and the Cologne Cathedral.
| What is the public transport system like in Germany? |
Germany has a highly efficient and well-connected public transport system, including trains, buses, trams, and subways, which make it convenient to travel within and between cities.
| What are some traditional foods in Germany? |
Some traditional foods in Germany include bratwurst sausages, sauerkraut, pretzels, and schnitzel.
| What is the capital of Germany? |
The capital of Germany is Berlin.
- Staying at Meininger Munich City Centre with kidsWhen planning a trip to Munich with family, it is important to consider where to stay in Munich with family to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Meininger Munich City Center Hostel is a popular accommodation option located in the heart of Munich, Germany. Not quite a Hotel, not quite a Hostel, Meininger Munich city … Read the full article here
- Cities in 2023 with the best European Christmas Markets for teenagersChristmas Markets in Europe are a dream travel destination for many parents. They conjure a winter wonderland ideal that hits straight to the heart of anyone with even a hint of wanting to visit. Some are centuries old, and some are new and innovative, but where are the very best European Christmas markets for teenagers? … Read the full article here
- Day trips from Berlin: exploring nearby destinations with young adultsNestled in the heart of Europe, Berlin is a captivating city that effortlessly combines a rich history with vibrant contemporary culture. The city stands as a symbol of resilience, progress, and artistic expression. Visitors flock to this metropolis to immerse themselves in its iconic landmarks, diverse cuisine, and thriving nightlife. However, beyond the bustling streets … Read the full article here
- 38 incredible things to do in Berlin with teenagersBerlin is a bustling city with a rich history that spans hundreds of years. Berlin for teenagers can seem like a huge playground full of culture and events to experience. Whether you want to stay locally or venture further afield, there’s something for everyone in Berlin. It is a fascinating city that can tell many … Read the full article here
- 33 unforgettable things to do in Munich with teenagersMunich is the beer capital of the world and tourists flock here to sample some of the best in the country but are there things to do in Munich with teenagers? From majestic castles to day trips from Munich that will make your family trip to Munich unforgettable, there is something for everyone in Munich. … Read the full article here
- 4 places to go camping in Freiburg GermanyFreiburg has some of the best weather in Germany. In fact, the city and region are known to have more sunny days than anywhere else in Germany. For this reason alone camping Freiburg is great for visitors to the city. Camping provides a cheaper accommodation option than most Freiburg hotels. Camping in Freiburg is ideal … Read the full article here
- How to get from Freiburg to ColmarColmar France is just over the border from Freiburg Germany and it can be an amazing day trip from Freiburg or a stunning place to spend a few days wandering sampling the world-famous Alsatian cuisine. For wine lovers, this small part of Europe around Colmar and Freiburg produces some of the best white wines in … Read the full article here
- 3 day Berlin Pass for familiesBerlin is a city shaped by its past, a city still rebuilding from its past and moving on from its past. The German capital offers so much to see and do both culturally, historically and entertainment-wise. The best way to experience all that Berlin has to offer is with the Berlin Pass, the Berlin Pass … Read the full article here
- Things to do in Freiburg and surroundsFreiburg im Breisgau (is the correct German name) is a city in Baden-Württemberg Germany. It’s a small city with a population of about 220,000. Freiburg is located in the Southwest of Germany and sits close to the borders of both France and Switzerland. Freiburg is one of the best places to visit in Germany in … Read the full article here
- Exactly how to get from Munich to Neuschwanstein Castle – every easy option included!Bavaria is one of the most picturesque regions of Germany, famous for its stunning landscapes, traditional architecture, and rich cultural heritage. Among the most popular destinations in Bavaria is the Neuschwanstein Castle, a 19th-century palace that inspired the design of Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Castle. Knowing exactly how to get from Munich to Neuschwanstein Castle will … Read the full article here
- Wildlife Park Poing – Munich Bavaria GermanyWildpark Poing is located just outside Munich in Bavaria, Germany and is an easy, fun family day trip from Munich. The best thing at Wildlife park Poing, is you see all the animals that once lived and roamed the forest of Bavaria. It is truly a magnificent place to visit in Munich. Wildlife Park Poing an amazing … Read the full article here
- Things to do in Heidelberg on a day tripWe only had one day in Heidelberg and it was always high on our list of places to see in Germany. You see we love castle’s and the castle at Heidelberg always looks amazing in every picture we have seen. The Castle in Heidelberg is located sitting perched up on the hill guarding the town below and Schloss … Read the full article here
- The 17 best things to do in Munich in winterMunich is a city known for its beer gardens, lederhosen, and Oktoberfest. However, Munich in winter transforms into an entirely different world, with snowy streets, Christmas markets and ice-skating rinks. During winter, people to come together to enjoy the crisp winter air, a hearty Bavarian meal and drink. The city of Munich has something for … Read the full article here