I am the most conservative driver you will ever meet. My Dad was adamant that I would never be a crazy driver and so far so good…well that was until I got behind the wheel of the most fun 20 minutes of driving I have ever had in an off-road buggy!
We were invited to check out Wild Buggy Heatherton on a bright and sunny Sunday afternoon. We were not totally sure what to expect when we first arrived but soon as we saw the Wild buggy off-road carts zipping around we were all so excited.
We headed straight to the desk so we could find out what we would need to know about our time in the off-road buggy and what the girls would be allowed to do too. A kids dune buggy experience is something we had never done before.
Are you ready for a Wild Buggy Experience?
Wild Buggy Heatherton Tips:
- Kids 5+ years of age (Non-licensed driver) are able to drive the off road buggy with the help of an instructor who has dual controls to help them with the driving of the wild buggy.
- Licensed drivers (P plates and above) also have an accompying instructor in the wild buggy to assist them in getting the best from the experience.
- Be ready for some Wild buggy fun!
- Wear older clothes. You are in an off road buggy you do go through some water. You probably won’t get wet but just in case!
When the girls found out they would be behind the wheel of their very own off-road buggy they went crazy! It was their first go at driving and they were both pumped. It was going to be a kids buggy experience.
We first needed to be fitted for a helmet each and the Abby came over to let us know what the rules were. Willow was going to be up first as there were other people on the track in the buggies. One off road buggy would be ready in a few minutes and then there would be more for the rest of us to go in. On that Sunday there were 3 off-road buggies that were on the track at the one time.
Book your Wild Buggy Melbourne experience today right → HERE ←
Before we knew it Willow was getting strapped in and being told what she could do. Next, it was Marley’s turn before I climbed in for my ride with Hannah.
I was so glad I had Hannah with me as she gave me the confidence to really have a go and push my limits behind the wheel. At one point may be a little too much as I oversteered in a corner and ended up off the track! Luckily Hannah knew exactly what to do and got me back on the track in a few seconds!
Wild Buggy Melbourne was great fun!
I was really surprised that the ride was actually quite smooth…well unless you are going over the humps and bumps but in the off-road buggy, it is pretty comfortable.
Extras that Wild buggy Heatherton have:
- Have a birthday coming up? You can have your party there!
- There is a small kitchen on site that offers a small variety of food for you to purchase.
- Loved your time so much…grab some Wild Buggy merchandise to remember your time.
- Ourchase your drive on a USB to relive the fun over and over.
What Marley thought of Wild Buggy Heatherton.
It was SO MUCH FUN! I liked all the bumpy bits and the stairs that we had to go up I thought would be really hard but the wild buggy just got up there. I also really liked going down the hill as fast as I could. I so want to go back and have my birthday party there so I can take my friends and have a go in the kids dune buggy.
What Willow thought of her off road buggy experience.
I was really nervous at first so I was happy to let my driver take me around on the first few laps so I could see what it was like before having a go. I liked the bits where it was straighter than the rest but going through the water was really cool too. I always felt safe and if I needed help I could just ask.
What was the best bit of driving an off-road buggy for Mark?
Wild Buggy was a hoot. It was rough ready and challenging at times. You could go flat out and know the instructor beside you would slow you down if you were taking the corners or jumps too quick. There were plenty of hills, humps and corners to get the adrenaline going. I had a ball and totally recommend a Wild Buggy Melbourne experience.
When we stay in Melbourne we recommend the Atlantis Hotel in the Melbourne CBD. For booking, information and prices CLICK HERE for details
highly recommend Wild Biggy Heatherton as a great family fun filled afternoon if you are in Melbourne on a holiday or you live in the area. We had a fantastic time there and I believe that all family members will have a great time behind the wheel of their own Wild Buggy! For us, it is one of the best things to do in Melbourne with kids!
What is the location of Wild Buggy Melbourne
- Address: 433-453 Boundary Rd, Heatherton VIC 3202
- 40-minute drive (27km) from Melbourne CBD
- Around the corner from Moorabbin DFO & Moorabbin Airport
- Between Centre Dandenong Road & the Dingley bypass
- 200m down the road from McDonald’s
- Phone: 1300 945 328
When can we have fun at Wild Buggy Heatherton
- 7 days a week (best bet is to pre-book a time)
- Opened 10am – 5pm
- Bookings are essential at weekends we do get very busy. Last minute bookings can be made but we do not recommend people just showing up without a booking.
- If bookings allow we can open from 9 am – 6 pm
- From Monday to Friday, we only staff on site if we have bookings. Please don’t just show up!
Getting to Melbourne:
Melbourne is the second biggest city in Australia. Melbourne International Airport is 23 kilometres from the city centre. And there are so many things to do in Melbourne with kids, actually for the whole family!
You can book a rental car and have it waiting for you at Melbourne Airport.
Getting around Melbourne:
myki is Melbourne’s ticketing system to travel on the city’s trains, trams and buses. International and interstate visitors coming to Victoria can buy a myki Explorer pack. The myki pack combines a ready to use myki card, visitor information and special offers for travellers. It’s a great option for visitors who choose to explore Melbourne and regional Victoria by public transport!. You need to touch your myki card on and off when you use the public transport system.
Where to stay in Melbourne:
Melbourne has accommodation options for every budget from Hostels, to apartments and hotels rooms
Hostels in Melbourne can start from as little as $21 a night for a shared dorm room. Check out Trip Advisor for the top 10 ranked hostels in Melbourne. You can book your stay directly from the page.
You can search Airbnb for there Melbourne accommodation offerings. If you have never used Airbnb before get yourself $50 credit by signing and booking a stay right HERE
Heading to Melbourne soon? There are so many things to do in Melbourne with kids so here are two more articles from us here at Wyld Family Travel that will help you fill your days with a heap of fun on your stay!