From the romantic allure of Paris with its iconic Eiffel Tower to the sun-kissed vineyards of Bordeaux, and the picturesque villages of Provence, France is a tapestry of unforgettable experiences.
Its cultural legacy, with renowned artists like Monet and Van Gogh, and world-class museums such as the Louvre, immerse you in a vibrant artistic heritage. History echoes through the grand châteaux of the Loire Valley and the solemn beaches of Normandy.
France offers families a treasure trove of adventures, whether it’s skiing in the French Alps, cycling through vineyard-covered hills, or exploring medieval castles.
Let’s not forget the culinary delights, savouring croissants in a quaint café or indulging in a hearty Coq au Vin is a journey in itself. With its diverse activities and enchanting beauty, France is a perfect destination for families to create cherished memories.
Things to know about France
FAQ about France
| Is France an expensive country to visit?
France is generally considered to be an expensive country to visit due to high living costs, but it offers unique experiences and stunning natural beauty.
| What is the climate like in France?
France has a diverse climate with coastal areas having a mild climate and inland/northern regions experiencing colder winters and milder summers.
| What is the official language of France?
The official language of France is French.
| What is the official currency of France?
The official currency of France is the Euro (EUR).
| What are the three most popular tourist attractions in France?
The three most popular tourist attractions in France are the Eiffel Tower, the Palace of Versailles, and the French Riviera.
| What is the public transport system like in France?
France has an efficient and extensive public transport system, including trains, trams, buses, and an extensive metro system in major cities.
| What are some traditional foods in France?
Some traditional foods in France include croissants, baguettes, escargot, and coq au vin.
| What is the capital of France?
The capital of France is Paris.
- Cities in 2023 with the best European Christmas Markets for teenagersChristmas Markets in Europe are a dream travel destination for many parents. They conjure a winter wonderland ideal that hits straight to the heart of anyone with even a hint of wanting to visit. Some are centuries old, and some are new and innovative, but where are the very best European Christmas markets for teenagers? … Read the full article here
- The 13 best day train trips from ParisThe question needs to be asked. Why would you want to make a day trip from a city as beautiful as Paris? What you maybe don’t know is that France as a whole is amazing with so many great sites that day train trips from Paris are a must on your vacation to Paris. There … Read the full article here
- 34 places where to stay in Paris with teenagersParis is high on many people’s bucket lists, including teenagers with shows like Emily in Paris on Netflix showcasing the best of the city. The French capital is one of the most visited cities in the world. Family vacations to Paris include enjoying the culture, cuisine, and iconic landmarks of the city. A family holiday … Read the full article here
- 6 great places to go camping in the Alsace FranceCamping in the Alsace region of France can be a great away for singles, couples and families. The region is located in the northeast of France and is best known for the Alsace wine route, Vosges Mountains, castles and scenic beauty. There are so many camping options available from a tent to a yurt to cabins and more. The most popular campgrounds are … Read the full article here
- 9 amazing things to do in the Alsace in winterFor those visiting the Alsace region in the Grand Est region, of France, winter is a beautiful and unforgettable time of year. The snowy countryside is filled with activity as people go cross country skiing and don snowshoes to explore the frozen forest paths and mountain lakes. Visitors wander beautiful villages straight from a fairy … Read the full article here
- Best accommodation in Strasbourg with kidsThe capital of Alsace is an amazing city to visit all year round. The area is world-famous for its wine, with the Alsace wine route running the length of the region and its fairytale villages completely picture-perfect. In winter, Strasbourg hosts its world-famous Christmas market that people from all over the world flock to. But … Read the full article here
- Discover the Best Alsace Christmas Markets in 2023The best Christmas markets in northern France attract thousands of visitors every year with their enchanting atmosphere and diverse range of festive stalls. Christmas in the Alsace is a special time of year. Each small town, village and city has a Christmas market. Some towns have a market opened every day of the week, while … Read the full article here
- 21 best doable day trips from Strasbourg, FranceThere are a number of amazing day trips from Strasbourg that can be made to destinations in France, Germany, and Switzerland. Strasbourg is the capital of the Alsace region in France. An exciting city in its own right, bursting with historic half-timbered buildings, cobblestone streets, museums, culture, history, and a world-famous Christmas Market, just to … Read the full article here
- A Channel Ferry Crossing with DFDSThere are plenty of options for you when looking to travel from England to France or vice versa by cross-channel ferries. There are ferries, air travel and the channel tunnel. But what is the best way to actually make that journey? We choose the DFDS ferry operators for trip DFDS is the leading ferry operator … Read the full article here
- 31 things to do in Strasbourg with teenagersStrasbourg is the capital of the amazing Alsace region of France. Strasbourg has a long history of being part of France then Germany then France and so on. A long battle between the two countries to claim this amazing region has made it one of the most picturesque places you can visit in the world. … Read the full article here
- Traveling from Paris to Strasbourg by train, bus, car and planeStrasbourg is the picture-perfect capital city of the Alsace in the northeast of France. People flock daily to this picturesque town to wander its perfect streets and bask in the history of the area. It is very easy to get from Paris to Strasbourg with today’s transport options and if you get the chance this … Read the full article here
- Visiting Chateau Haut Koenigsbourg in FranceChateau Haut Koenigsbourg sits upon its mountain at an altitude of 800 meters like a King overlooking his kingdom. What a kingdom he had to gaze upon, the Alsace Region of France is ripe with grapes, fruits and all types of produce growing everywhere on the upper Rhine plain. Picture-perfect towns such as Strasbourg, Colmar and … Read the full article here
- How to get from Paris to ColmarFor 6 weeks every year, all the roads in France seem to lead from Paris to Colmar in the Alsace region. The Colmar Christmas Market is one of the most traditional and popular markets in Europe and it is at the top of many lists as a must-visit destination in France. This makes November and … Read the full article here
- How to get from Freiburg to ColmarColmar France is just over the border from Freiburg Germany and it can be an amazing day trip from Freiburg or a stunning place to spend a few days wandering sampling the world-famous Alsatian cuisine. For wine lovers, this small part of Europe around Colmar and Freiburg produces some of the best white wines in … Read the full article here
- How to get from Basel to ColmarMany travellers to Switzerland take the opportunity to visit neighbouring regions such as the Alsace in France and Baden-Württemberg in Germany during their stay in Switzerland. Being so close together the call to easily visit another country is too hard to ignore for so many. There is no better trip to take than to go … Read the full article here
- The best way to get from Strasbourg to ColmarMany travellers to the Alsace Region in France make a trip from the capital Strasbourg to Colmar to visit one of the most picturesque towns known to man. Not only is Colmar a beautiful place to look at, it is also a wine connoisseur’s playground and the food that is prepared to go with it … Read the full article here
- 52 breathtaking things to do in Paris with teenagersAhh Paris, the city of love. Many people visit Paris for a romantic getaway, a proposal or a weekend of fine dining and extravagance but what happens when you have to drag your teenager or two along with you for your epic Paris visit? Centre Pompidou What are the best things to do in Paris … Read the full article here
- The best family friendly Paris food tour with Devour ToursParis, France is a place known for its delicious French food and wine. Devour Tours is a food tour company that specialises in food tours in Paris, run by a small team of food lovers. Devour offers the best food tours in Paris, there offer various food tours throughout the city, including tours of the Le Marais. You will try freshly baked croissants, ham, cheese, macarons, chocolate nibbles … Read the full article here
- 19 best things to do in the Alsace FranceThe Alsace region in France is a popular tourist destination for people who want to experience the country’s wine culture and historic villages. There are many things to do in the Alsace, including touring wineries, visiting medieval villages, and hiking in the countryside. The region is also known for its excellent food, and there are … Read the full article here
- Our ultimate tips for visiting the Eiffel Tower with kidsThe Eiffel Tower, is there a more iconic symbol of one country in the world? If so, I don’t know of one. The Eiffel Tower is the symbol of France to everyone outside the country. It is recognisable to kids and adults alike. How could it not be? It looks radiant in the Parisian summer … Read the full article here